1. It’s better to be down here wishing you were up there, than to be up there wishing you were down here.
2. Speed is life, altitude is life insurance.
3. Never let an aircraft take you somewhere your brain didn’t get to five minutes earlier.
4. Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
5. The first thing every pilot after making a gear up landing is to put the gear handle down.
6. Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.
7. The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.
8. Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds.
9. Fly it until the last piece stops moving.
10. If you’re ever faced with a forced landing at night, turn on the light to see the landing area. If you don’t like what you see, turn it off.